Enhance your smile
Looking for a Cosmetic Dentist in Wantage, Oxfordshire?
We all would like a perfect smile and we understand how being happy with your smile can improve your confidence in all areas of your life.
Sometimes all that is required is a visit to the dental hygienist. Other times teeth may need to be straightened or whitened or perhaps need some contouring. Occasionally it may be a combination of all these treatments.
Common questions about cosmetic dentistry
How to Find the Best Cosmetic Dentist
Finding a good cosmetic dentist can be quite difficult, after all, how do you know what to look out for or what to ask? Here are our top tips to finding the best cosmetic dentist and being able to understand what makes for good dentistry and ultimately, a good outcome for you.
- Ask for recommendations from friends and family. This is one of the best ways to find a good cosmetic dentist near you, ask around, find out which dentist your friends and family recommend.
- Do your research. research online to find out as many options as you possibly can. There are so many different ways to straighten crooked teeth for example, using a range of different braces, find out which one you think might be best to you and then ask your dentist about this treatment.
- What ongoing training has your dentist had? Look on the practice website or ask the dental practice what training they have had recently in cosmetic dentistry, practices should have proof of this to hand.
- Does the practice use modern technology? There are modern techniques using CADCAM among other things to help cosmetic dentists achieve results rapidly and reliably. CEREC is one such example which enable you to have crowns, veneers and inlays in a single visit to the dentist.
- Is the practice up-to-date and modern? Cosmetic dental techniques are changing rapidly, if the practice design and decor is up-to-date and modern it indicates that the practice is wanting to ensure that everything is up-to-date. This just gives an indicator as to the practice ethos about staying up-to-date, if there practice is up-to-date then more likely their dentistry is also.
- Ask about with dental anxiety. If you feel anxious about visiting the dentist then ask about policies to help with anxiety and fear, many practices offer sedation and other ways to help you stay calm. Some cosmetic dental treatments can be quite lengthy and being able to stay calm and relaxed is important.
What Do Cosmetic Dentist Do?
The primary role of a cosmetic dentist is to understand your dental concerns and to provide a range of treatments and options to help.The best cosmetic dentists in the UK will then use a combination of treatments to achieve your desired result. The 3 primary areas a cosmetic dentist will look at are:
- Whitening your smile. Teeth whitening is often the 1st treatment considered however, it’s not always appropriate, particularly if you have existing crowns or veneers. Whiter dental veneers can often be used to cover dark teeth and also make the teeth appear straighter whilst changing their shape at the same time.
- Straightening your teeth. Orthodontics is generally considered the gold standard for straightening crooked teeth, however if there is a single tooth which need straightening sometimes an immediate veneer can achieve the same result by making that to look straighter.
- Repairing broken down teeth. A variety of techniques from bonding to veneers through to CEREC immediate veneers can be used to repair broken down teeth.